BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Our volunteers are the heart of the Knoxville Ronald McDonald House
Although monetary contributions are always welcome, becoming a volunteer is a more personal, hands-on approach to helping others. At the House, valuable volunteers perform a variety of different activities. We love to be adopted by churches, civic groups, business, and individuals. To arrange a tour or to receive further information, please call us at (865) 637-7475.
There are several steps to becoming a volunteer at the Knoxville Ronald McDonald House. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Complete the online Volunteer Application below.
- Complete and return the Criminal Background Check form to the House. This background check form must be notarized before you send it to us.
- Complete and return the HIPPA Guidelines form to the House.
We utilize in-house volunteers 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. We highly recommend 3-hour shifts. You may call our Volunteer Coordinator or check out our volunteer opportunities below to find out about how flexible our volunteer programs can be — from teens to adults — we’re a great place to complete service hours for school. If volunteers are between the ages of 16 and 18 the Ronald McDonald House must obtain further permission from a parent or guardian. Some of the duties that are performed by volunteers are:
Interacting with our families
- Preparing food at the House, from a snack to a meal.
- Make certain that each room are ready for the next family.
- Make certain that there are enough sheets, towels, pillows etc.
- Light cleaning (no toilets, honest), vacuuming, dusting, mopping etc.
- Straightening the kitchen, organizing shelves, etc.
- Organize and sterilize the playroom.
- Always need weeds pulled, ivy trimmed.
- Seasonally planting flowers.
- Raking the leaves in the fall.
- Sign up for a shift during one of the many events we host each year.